Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it currently on submission to another journal.
- Text files submitted are in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or WordPerfect format.
- Text is single-spaced in a 12-point font. Italics are used for emphasis, rather than underlining.
- Graphics are submitted as separate digital files in TIFF or JPG format (150 dpi, maximum 900 pixels wide). Manuscript includes clear indications of locations and captions for all graphics.
- All permissions to reproduce copyrighted material have been obtained, paid for, and included in the uploaded files.
- Bibliographies include URLs for references, as available.
- APA style is used throughout the manuscript and for in-line citations and bibliographic references.
- Instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed (for submissions to peer-reviewed sections of the journal).
- Any conflicts of interest have been declared at the end of the manuscript and in Comments for the Editor.
The names of 4 to 5 suggested peer reviewers, along with email addresses, have been provided in Comments for the Editor.
Reviewers should be an expert in their field and able to provide an objective review. This means that they should have no prior knowledge of the submission and no recent collaboration with the authors.
- The fee schedule has been reviewed and the author acknowledges that they are prepared to pay the appropriate fee if their manuscript is accepted.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms: Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. (See more on Open Access.)
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
CFS works to ensure anonymity between authors and peer-reviewers, and authors are asked to exclude any material that may link their paper to the author’s identity (i.e. self-reference and self-citation). CFS editors reserve the right to make modifications to submissions to ensure author anonymity, while ensuring the content of the submission remains unaltered. If anonymity cannot be achieved within significant changes to content, revisions of the submission may be requested.